- Start Small: You don’t need to dive headfirst into complex graphs. Start with basic stuff like bar charts or line graphs.
- Use Tools: Tools like Excel, Google Sheets, PowerBI or Tableau will do all the heavy lifting for you. They’re easy to use and have plenty of tutorials.
- Keep It Simple: Don’t overcomplicate your visuals. Aim to make your data as clear and easy to understand as possible.
- Revisit High School Math: Remember scatter plots, line graphs and histograms from high school? Time to bring those lessons back into play.
- Practice: The more you work with data, the more comfortable you’ll get. So keep playing around with your data and trying new things.
- Tell a Story: The best visualizations tell a story. Ask yourself – what’s the tale your data wants to reveal?
You got this. Start playing around with your data, and don’t forget to have some fun with it!
🔔 Follow Brian on Linkedin: Brian Pillmore